National Music Event 2013An event for everyone interested in using music to enhance the life of church and community.Friday 15th March 7:00pm – Saturday 16th March 18:00pmSt Cuthbert’s Church, Lothian Road, Edinburgh.
- Noel Richards – International Worship Leader, and writer of ‘All Heaven Declares’ Enabling Contemporary Worship
- John L. Bell – of the Wild Goose Resource Group and Iona Community Singing for Everyone
- Paul Mealor – Reader in Composition at the University of Aberdeen and Composer of ‘Ubi Caritas’ for the Royal Wedding Ceremony. Composition in Worship and Outreach
- Fischy Music – Peerless Pioneers of Children’s music for churches, schools and families. Singing with Children
We will also be joined by the National Youth Choir of Scotland, New Scottish Arts, John Kitchen, Origin Scotland, Givin’ it Laldae and other contributors. Workshops will include song writing, improvised music, developing musicality in toddlers, music with people with dementia, change management in church music, AV clinics, Scottish Rap, and how to play hymns meaningfully.
- Lunch and refreshments are included in the ticket cost.
- Early bird rate of £35 if booking before the 1st October. £40 per ticket thereafter. Group bookings of 9 tickets and get one free. Some financial support may be provided for those who need it. Email below for details.
- To book online please go to http://www.madstuff.biz or contact Mission and Discipleship Council on 0131 225 5722 enquiriesDV@cofscotland.org.uk
- Please note an additional ‘Fringe event’ open to all will take place on Saturday evening to explore opportunities to network with other church musicians from around the country. With music from Noel Richards and others. Entry £7.50. Includes refreshments.
- For up to date information about the programme, workshops, venue, travel and accommodation please visit the Church of Scotland Website www.churchofscotland.org.uk/worship/music_for_worship
- To subscribe to the Different Voices Magazine please go to www.madstuff.biz ‘resources’ section.